Group Coaching & Consulting
Book Saran for Consulting, Speaking engagements and Workshops
There are few things that bring me greater joy than sharing and teaching some of the topics that I’m most passionate about. Much of my work comes from many years of study as well as daily observation and practice.
Workshops centre healing from the inside out; bridging the gap and making the connection between ancient practices and our modern world.
Consulting services include programme development, instructional design and research related to Menstrual Health in Afro-diasporic communities, Youth, Culture and Wellness. We have curated a team of the very best to support Culturally relevant programmes for the community.
Email: [email protected] for booking information
An Introduction to A Holistic Approach to Menstrual Health & Reproductive Wellness
This workshop introduces attendees to the factors that impact menstrual health and reproductive wellness.Attendees will come away feeling more aware of how they can support their bodies with nutrition, lifestyle changes and traditional healing practices. It is the foundational for workshop series on Menstrual Health with topics including:
- Diet & Nutrition
- Traditional Healing Practices & Herbal Medicine
- Emotional Alchemy in the Premenstrual Phase :Tools & Strategies
- The Impact of Environmental Toxins on Hormone Health
- Menstrual Hygiene & Menstruation Stigma in the Workplace
- The Intersection of Menstrual Health & Mental Health
Cultural Connections: Menstrual Health & Wellness Workshop Series for Youth in the African Diaspora (Ages 15-29)
"We can't recreate history, but we can reframe our perception of it and co- create our future reality"- Saran James-Vaughan
This workshop series is designed to help youth integrate cultural practices as a means of mitigating some of the physiological and emotional issues related to menstruation. We examine how traditional Caribbean and diasporic diets may be contributing to some menstrual health issues, the impact of intergenerational trauma and the reclamation of rites of passage for community wellness.
Many reproductive health diseases have a genetic component which can be tied to traumatic experiences passed down within families, and collective trauma due to our ancestors being enslaved.
Youth will develop an understanding of the intersectional nature of reproductive justice, wellness and the arts, from the perspective of Afro diasporic traditions. We explore how reclamation of these traditional practices can inform Afro futures and ultimately, our Wellness
- Youth will learn about the impact of enslavement on Sexual health & Reproductive Justice
- The impact of caricatures created of black women on conditioned emotional states
- Food & Diet of enslaved people and it's long term impact on genetics and health.
- Integrating a Healthy diet to support menstrual health and mental health
- Reclaimed rites of passage activities at Menarche through a culturally relevant lens
- Integrating traditional wisdom relating to menstruation for black youth in the diaspora
- Youth will develop an understanding of their role within the community and the significance of Afro-centered values for relationship building
- Progressive African perspectives on gender identity & sexuality
- Reclamation of circular, autonomous, socio- economic values to support community wellness
- Arts, wellness & Afro-futures
Rest & Restore: Building Resilience & Cultivating the Compassionate Voice
Body Awareness is the Foundation for honouring the Cues to Rest, Heal and Restore. In this Workshop, Participants will Learn:
- How Chronic Stress diminishes the body's ability to Activate it's Healing Responses
- Resilience building With Therapeutic Nutrition & Herbal Medicine
Compassion Allows Us to Honour the Journey to Restoration by learning what your Unique Inner Nurturer Sounds Like. Participants will:
- Explore ways in which their early Experiences shaped their ability to self soothe in challenging times
- Use visualization techniques to create a sense of calm & safety
- Learn the foundation of Compassion: Wisdom, Strength, Warmth & Responsibility
Healing with Afro-diasporic Foods & Herbs
Learn about traditional foods, medicinal herbs and their impact on health outcomes for Afro-diasporic people.
- Staples Foods of Traditional Diets across the African Continent
- Impact of enslavement on Diasporic diets and body composition
- Granny's Wisdom: Traditional Healing Herbs
- The Standard American Diet: Diseases Affecting the Afro-diasporic Community
- Bridging the gap: Cultural Foods, Herbs & Adapting to life in the Americas
Menstrual Health In The Workplace
Is your Organization Period Positive?
Inclusive workplaces create an accommodating environment for all of their team members, including Menstruating people. I help organizations implement tools and strategies for creating a period positive work environment.
As a Reproductive & Menstrual Health Educator, I use various natural therapies to help people with building resilience and long term health and well-being. Did you know that menstrual health issues are pervasive and can impact personal wellness, connection to others, job performance, and physical health? Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been global trends of employee burnout and fatigue that negatively impact menstrual health.
- Access to menstrual hygiene products and disposal bins
- Menstrual Health Workshops and training for HR and Managers
- Accommodations for team members with Menstrual health disorders
- Webinars for team members
1 on 1 Coaching
Work with me one on one for to help balance your hormones and create an environment for long term health and vitality.
About Saran James-Vaughan
About me, my story, and how I'm here to help you explore your health and wellness.